Indonesia

Indonesia
BATU, Indonesia. Photo by Jes Aznar

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Let's Help Send Yolanda Kids Back to School

In early January, my six year old daughter won the grand prize in a Bingo game in her school. At the end of the game, after her crumpled sheet of paper was checked and verified, we were given the check of P20,000. I asked her what she wanted to do with the money. 

She quickly replied, "I want to donate it to the victims of Yolanda." 

Her nanny, Ms. N. who hails from Leyte and who was just there in December to check on her family, said one way to help the victims is to provide them school supplies for the coming school year. 

And so, with our seed money of P20,000, I am launching my little girl Araw's Back-to-School Drive for Yolanda children. 

We aim to buy school supplies for at least 100 children, which will be distributed by Ms. N. and her sister. 

In this light, I ask you my dear invisible readers for grade school notebooks, pencils, plastic envelopes, pad papers, crayons or whatever school supplies you can provide. Old children's books in good condition are also welcome. 

You may email me at eyesgonzales@gmail.com if you would like to donate. Thank you! Let's help send Yolanda kids back to school.