Indonesia

Indonesia
BATU, Indonesia. Photo by Jes Aznar

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pain is a Four-letter Word

I can't eat properly, can barely smile and hell, I can't even sleep well. Either I've had too much domestic travel lately or I just miss trotting around the globe.

Whatever it is, I'm in pain. Physical pain, that is. There's a scientific term for this disorder but I'll skip the introduction. The bottom line is it's irritating, difficult and frustrating. I went to visit the doctor today and he said, it's usually stress-related which I suspect was aggravated by too much air pressure.

Or whatever.

I have very low threshold for physical pain so more than anything right now, I really would like an anesthesia -- a strong one that would deaden the pain. I'd like something like the one I had four years ago when I gave birth to a gorgeous little rockstar and disappeared into an abyss of numbness, a Neverland, a utopia of sort.

I'll take the shot now, please.

(photo from medicalook.com)