Indonesia

Indonesia
BATU, Indonesia. Photo by Jes Aznar

Monday, March 14, 2011

My Herb Garden

Life isn't a rose garden but maybe, just maybe, it can be as refreshing as an herb garden. Today, I decided to grow my own herb garden, starting with a small stem of Oregano which came as a surprise gift from Jes.


According to Wikipedia, Oregano is an aromatic herb that belongs to the mint family. Its medicinal benefits are distinguished worldwide. 


"Oregano is a highly potent purifier that provides many benefits for human health. The two important compounds that are responsible for the many health benefits of oregano are carvacrol and thymol. Studies have shown that both of these compounds can inhibit the growth of bacteria, virus and fungi which is the main causes of many illnesses in humans. Oregano oil is marketed in either liquid or capsules/ tablets forms," according to the article on Wikipedia. 


I'm going to fill this garden with many other important herbs -- basil, mint, thyme -- those stuff I would be able to use for my cooking.


Yep, life isn't a rose garden. It's a lot better.