Indonesia

Indonesia
BATU, Indonesia. Photo by Jes Aznar

Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Nanay's Day!

Most of the time I get by. I find joy in seeing my daughter's face light up everytime I walk through the door. It's enjoyable to hear her laugh her heart out, to see her smile and to just stare at her big round eyes.

She's slowly discovering the world and I'm slowly learning how to be a mom. So far, I don't know how I'm doing. Only my daughter can tell whether or not I'm doing fine.

All I know is that motherhood is no playground. It's exhausting, tiring and heartwrenching at times. It's especially painful when you lose yourself and have a hard time getting even some of it back. I always remember what my friend Nico said a few years back: a mother should be ready to embrace a new realm. It's not easy. Not at all.

But despite the bumps, I would never trade this place where I am now for anything in this world.

Happy Nanay's Day to all the moms out there.