Indonesia

Indonesia
BATU, Indonesia. Photo by Jes Aznar

Saturday, January 5, 2008

que cera, cera

I stopped making New Year's resolutions because I haven't been able to keep them so I have instead an 08 list of things I want to achieve this year. No promises...no grand illusions...just keeping my fingers crossed.

1) TRAVEL LIGHT - I'm going to travel lighter this year. Each year is an opportunity to throw away excess baggage. Carrying less, filling life with only the things you need, is always the better option.

2) WRITE MORE, WRITE BETTER - There are lazy days and there are lazier days but I'll try to keep them at the minimum this year. Hopefully, I'll churn up better stories this year for the sake of my readers, editors, the good newspaper I work for and more importantly myself.

3) WORK, WORK, WORK - Work to me is a constant adventure. There's no reason to go slow or to do less this year.

4) SAVE FOR THE NEXT STOP - Last year, I did Bacolod, Malaysia (twice), Cambodia, Vietnam and Singapore. I wonder where my next stop is but I will definitely save for it.

5) BE A BETTER MOM TO MY DAUGHTER - It's a work in progress. I'm a first time mom so I hope to learn and do better.

6) TO LOVE AND TO GIVE MORE - Who was it who said that when you lose yourself to love, you will find yourself? Que cera, cera.